Sunday, March 21, 2010

Thank You for Sharing, Now Scram

It finally happened.  After a few weeks of trying to identify when my VOJ shows up, I finally noticed it just a few moments ago.  It was late and I decided that it was time to stop working on finance problems and get ready for tomorrow.  Then I realized that I have a case discussion tomorrow, and more problems to complete for class on Wednesday, and an eight hour elective on Saturday, and a paper due next Wednesday, and it's Bruno's birthday on Tuesday, and I have to get started on my marketing simulation, and I have a thousand or so flights to manage at work.  Needless to say, I felt a little overwhelmed; and that's when my VOJ crept into my consciousness.  I started to doubt myself, whether I would be able to handle my workload for the next few weeks.  Would I drop the ball on an assignment?  Would I let down my teammates?  Would I let down my co-workers?  Would I let down myself?

Once I noticed these thoughts entering my mind, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and followed last week's live with- thank you for sharing, now scram.

I know damn well I'm capable of handling the tasks at hand.  I just got a little frustrated with finance, that's all.  I already prepared for tomorrow's case discussion, I have all evening Tuesday to continue my finance work, I've read all of the finance chapters to prepare me for the paper, I'll have plenty of time to take Bruno to the dog park, any PharmaSim work is still weeks away, and my flights are doing just fine. So yeah, I appreciate your input VOJ, but I think I've got this situation under control.

Wexler out!

No comments:

Post a Comment